Monday, September 8, 2008

Part II, Crochet, and first batch of bread in cool weather

You will have to scroll all the way down to see the sequin fabric.

I am a copy-cat. When Sunshine posted this book on her blog, I knew I had to have it. Then I forgot all about it. But...
When I went to Jo-Ann's for some black thread, I HAD to look in the yarn section, and sure enough, they had this book there...I had a 40% off coupon...the rest is history, as they say...there is more to come, 'cause they have two more 'Easy Edgings' books...maybe...next coupon sale...
Romanian Cord:
Does anybody remember Germantown wool from Brunswick? Well, I had part of a skein, an odd kind of green...leftover from something from long ago. I decided I needed to practice the Romanian cord and get it right. So, I did! with this Germantown...it is so soft...OK! I'm back. Here is a couple of feet of Romanian cord, and enough yarn to make a couple of yards. Then, I'll use it somewhere, for something...
The case for the hooks used to be a reading glass case, too pretty to dispose of, it has found its second job. The red background is the back of you-know-who's quilt panel. I was working on it a little while the bread was rising.


Bread:
This is the dough just placed in the bowl to rise. [It was so nice to mill the wonderful Kansas wheat and prepare the dough with Kansas honey, and Kansas butter...I am certain that your State's products are just as yummy...hmm]

Three hours later, the loaves are ready to rise.

One hour later, the bread is done. [30 minutes rising, 30 minutes baking]

A full view of the four loaves cooling on the rack.

Fabric:
Although it looks gray, the fabric is jet black. I placed the little piece of the braid on the edge as it is on the overjacket. (you may have to embiggen the picture)

You can see the fabric better but the camera's flash made it look lighter, and the sequins do not sparkle.
I have a lot to learn about taking pictures with the natural effect.
Well, that's all for today.
I'll leave you with this:

"Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.
For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it." Pro 8:10-11
In His hands, ^__^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum, your bread looks great! I'm baking homemade pizzas tonight.

I don't have that crochet book, but it looks like I need to find it. My dining room curtains would look lovely with a crocheted thread edging.

SchnauzerMom said...

Your bread looks awesome!