Monday, December 3, 2007

I may have to be a Monday-Friday blogger

Until I get this new routine worked out, I may have to blog Monday through Friday.

It was a busy week end. Had to get out the door hugs--what I call those stuffed tubes of fabric, to keep the cold air from infiltraiting the Peasant House. I made this one many years ago. But it has been relocated to the back door, as you see here.
This one I made last year (I think) It is the recycled legs of #2's jeans. These legs had rested for a few years in a basket--I knew I would use them for something one day--until the Lord showed me what to use them for. I made them a little narrower [one narrower than the other, because I did not measure] and joined them together at the 'knee' part with piping. It took one whole bag of stuffing. The piping in the middle was a small scrap of factory quilted fabric. [I liked the color so I kept it] The ankle side of the legs was placed on the ends for 'show' This door hug is for the front door.

Started the sleeve for gs2. I always knit both sleeves toghether, but this time I decided to do one at a time.

Went to the yarn store after getting the goat's milk, last Thursday. #1 requested a Fair Isle hat in Crimson and White. Well, I did not like any of the reds I had, they are too orange for her, so I had a perfectly legitimate reason for going to the yarn store. I got this yarn which is 'yummy' so soft, and spongy. It's Dale of Norway's Dalegarn. Started a little swatch but needed the needles for gs2's cuff. Tonight I'll try a few stitiches and choose the 'best' one for the hat. The hat will be an andean/peruvian style with ear flaps and some sort of cord. Too bad I can't take a picture of what I'm imagining so you could see it.

I'm still behind in bread making. And I also have a recipe for 'water crackers' or 'marine crackers' I've been wanting to make. Lord willing, I'll try tomorrow. But today: errands, laundry to finish, watering the plants, and making dinner.
As far as my binder...working on it. I'll leave you with this...

"Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God." Heb 3:12
In His hands, ^__^

No comments: