Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Got "THE" tuna pie recipe

I've been trying for years to make the kind of tuna pie that my Dad's cousin makes, and have failed.

Well, today she called me and gave me the recipe that she's been making for 50 years or so.
As soon as I hung up the phone I started making this delectable dish. I was very cautious to follow the instructions--which were not precise (this cooking imprecision must run in the family) The results were extraordinarily wonderful.

See?



Sorry about the off center picture. The piece is about 2"x4" And that was our next to last tomato, and the parsley which survived the 18F overnight freeze 2 nights ago. Jasmine green tea, and in the gravy boat, left over ambrosia from Thanksgiving.


It is made in a 9x13 pan. The filling is not watery like other sorts of pot pies. After it comes out of the oven it has to rest for 15 minutes so it 'sets.'

=======================================

In the morning and early afternoon I swept, mopped and vacumned all the floors. That accomplishment always feels great and smells so good. I use Murphy's Oil Soap.

I need to publish a menu and a cleaning routine. One blogger said that it helps her do the same routine constantly--except for emergencies in a, sort of, self-imposed accountability.


=========================================


About stitching: I found this cuuuuuute blog. Go to her embroidery page...those wee people are adorable. I'll be doing one of those--or some faximily--on one of my aprons. http://weewonderfuls.typepad.com/


I'll leave you with this thought: "Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips." Psa 141:2-3

In His hands, ^__^

1 comment:

SchnauzerMom said...

Oooo! That tuna pie looks wonderful! My DH hates tuna casserole so I'm not sure I'll be making it. Of course he might like that tuna pie though.