Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Semi-busy Tuesday

I'm so glad this head cold is all but gone. I actually sound worse than I feel, but you couldn't tell from there. DH is also much better.
Ran some errands this afternoon taking advantage of the warmer temps. It got all the way to 52F.

Made *canned* (gasping in horror) chicken soup--Progresso--and homemade tacos. Should have eaten the soup only. But, you know how it is...the tacos are soooooo good. We'll have tacos as left overs another day, maybe Saturday.

Of course I 'doctored' the soup with 1 heaping T of 'jar' minced garlic and a whole bunch of black pepper, so it would be good for the stuffy nose...yeh, it works.

I've been reading Candy's blog about being organized, etc. http://myblessedhome.blogspot.com/ she has been a good inspiration. I've started a binder with categories that suit our family. I will go to her blog and browse the other ladies' binders to glean more ideas. My problem has been that, since I'm not used to making organized lists and blocks of lists, I start and in 2 or 3 days I'm back to my 'disorganized' routine. Someone said that it takes the brain approximately 28 days to 'reprogram' a new routine. Must concentrate...leave myself post-it notes...remember to go to the list. Now, that did it...right?

Have to take out the roast to thaw tonight so I can bake it tomorrow, also I'll have to make bread tomorrow or Friday, we're almost out. DH's co-workers love my bread and I get to sell a few loaves, every other week.

My recipe is the regular Bosch mixer recipe that I got from my dear friend, almost 12 years ago:
Start with 8 cups (of the best wheat from Marienthall, KS certified organic )
Mills into 12 cups
While milling the wheat, put 6 cups of warm water, 4 T of dry yeast (mine is from Sam's club 2lbs package) To this, add 1/2 cup of melted butter and 1/2 cup of local honey. Mix to blend these ingredients.

When the yeast 'proofs' add 1 T of sea or 'real' salt and the flour, about 2 cups at a time until the dough is ready. When the dough is tacky--not sticky--it is ready. Put the dough in a big pan, let it rise covered until double, punch down, let it rise until double again, punch down and cut it into 4 and form the loaves. Let them rise for 25 to 30 minutes [and not one minute more] and bake for 30 minutes at 350F (my oven is on the hot side, so it may take you longer)

In His hands, ^__^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that hear that you are feeling much better!
Daisy

SchnauzerMom said...

I love your blog! I'll add it to my list of journals and blogs that I like to read. The bread looks soooo good and the sweater looks like it's going to be gorgeous!