Friday, December 21, 2007

Yarn, and sunset ahhhh......

I am much more pleasant today, and hold no ill feelings toward all those sloooowww *people from yesterday's* runnings.

Have all the recipes ready for baking, and...almost made pizza today, but DH had his work's Christmas dinner which was catered (very, very nice) so he was not too hungry. Maybe I'll make pizza tomorrow and show you some pictures. We had watery soup--just right, after such an-out-of-the-ordinary big lunch.

#1 called from the grocery store (with a cooking question) and it seems that all those *people from yesterday* traveled all night to get to #1's grocery store, just to annoy her, and slow her down. [I know how she felt!] *those people from yesterday* could be coming to your grocery store in the next couple of days. Be on the alert!

We had a gorgeous, and I mean gorgeoumongously beautiful sunset. The picture could not absorb all the beauty, but you'll get an idea. The snow is all gone, making room for the next 5" we are supposed to get tomorrow night. I think that the weather guy would loooove to see lots of snow, so I would call his 'weathercast' a 'weatherhope' we shall see. By the way, there were 5 snowbirds eating, this noon. Woohoo! {DH took the lovely picture}


The yarn is the 'ugly' sock yarn that I *had* to get at the sale. I think it's pretty. Who knows what it will become? but you'll see it as it develops. Probably socks for DH.

These two red yarns have lots of potential, maybe socks, maybe hats, maybe...whatever. I'll entertain suggestions, give me some ideas.

I took these pictures in the entryway so I could have better light. Not so much.


A domestic note: I organized my pictures in my computer program. It took almost 2 hours, and I enjoyed seeing them all again. I put them in folders, and named them odd names, such as: domestic critters, people of consequence, pretty things, etc. Only I know what I mean, others would have to open each folder to find out. Not everyone in the family cares, pretty much like the rest of you.

I can show you one of the pictures under the label 'people of consequence.' I like to use all sorts of pictures for my screensaver. I really like the chair, in the forground, with the bargello needlepoint seat. I could imagine it being three shades of brick, three shades of green on a mustardy gold background. I should make me a needle roll or a wallet in those colors. Waddaya think?

Hoping to get most of the baking done tomorrow, I'll leave you with this:


"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Phi 4:8

In His hands, ^__^

1 comment:

BellaMama said...

You should make a smoke ring -mobius type neckwarmer/hood. I have those 2 balls of regia & I'm too chicken to work with that thin of yarn since I've been using worsted weight. I'm already upset that the afghan is going to take a while to make! :)
Beautiful sunset!! We've been getting lots of rain & FOG! It's supposed to snow 3-7" here tonight - we're in the thick of it.
Blessings, Mrs.C.