Monday, November 29, 2010

Monday Muggings--Microscopic alien beings




Sometimes known as germs...are gone!

We did not eat as much as our eyes desired on Thanksgiving day, but on 'leftover day' [which was Saturday] we had to finish all the stuff, and also add some Bratts that #5 barbecued--they were a nice welcome.

The attacking microscopic alien beings had me in a furious battle, so, the very kind Mrs. #5 took it upon herself to fetch many pies of different flavours from our local 'excellent pie baker' So dear of her! Thank you.



I'm altering some skirts for a friend.  It will be nice to do these.  They need a new casing for elastic.  In the tropical village where they live, it is cooler to have elastic than a regular waist band.  She will be going back next week after her sister's wedding.



This week I have no burr under my saddle, and nothing caught in my craw... except...this latest pestilence. 

Some of our children have had the same thing...but one of them lives many states away and have not been together (in person) with them for months.   Then a friend at one of the shores had it also, and at the same time, with the same, same, same, exact symptoms...?  We are thousands of miles apart. How can that be?  Did any of you have this?

 It began with a tickle in the throat, and a slight fever.  And soon a sinus pain all over my face, and on my jaw and the glands under my jaw. (I had only one other sinus thing in my life) Then a big fever for a couple of days, all the while having a 'clear' runny nose.  The last thing was a huge cough, I would say convulsive at times. [that would only stop when I 'rinsed' my nose on the inside].  Boy-o-boy, I am glad it's gone.

 It was not a regular cold, and it was not 'the flu'--the baffling thing still remains, how can we three have the same thing at the same time when we had no contact with each other.  Only electronically.  Well, that will remain 'puzzlement' until they say that some foreign evil conspiracy from the bad guys did this to us.  Sure...that's it.

Well, I'm not eating the Thanksgiving 'table' until next year, and I shall fare well.

I'll leave you with this:

 "Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves". Philippians 2:3

In His hands,  ^__^

No comments: