Tuesday, November 23, 2010

'head cold'...for the birds!, and on Thanksgiving week...sigh..,

What a pain! Yesterday I was 'out of it' with a fever, today...much better, and no fever.  Lots and lots of garlic cloves [which I could not taste, rather smell--it makes me think that my sinuses were badly attacked] and lots of vitamin C.

Mr. PeasantHouse made dinner and did the dishes...what a huge thing that was for me.  So, this post may not be very long.  Still have to bake the six or more pies, and prepare the turkey to take to my Mom's to bake.  She offers her oven every year to free-up everyone else's oven for the day in question.  This is also a giant help.  I prepare the turkey with my 'secret, ancient' recipe--Reynolds oven bags...love them!--and there is not looking or basting or any interfering with the baking process.  Wednesday in the pm I prepare the bird and bring it to my Mom's refrigerator and Thursday about 10am someone places it in the oven [it is too heavy for her to lift and carry]  The bird is ready shortly after noon, and does not get out of the bag until ready for carving, later.

I've watched many turkey recipes and styles of baking all the traditional dishes, but I'm pleased with what we've been making for a few years. 

I wish you all to have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING day with your families. Do not forget to thank the Lord for all the bakers, cooks, assemblers, carriers of tables and chairs, and for the table fellows, who will be eating with you; but, especially for those who were not able to join you.

I'll leave you with this:

 "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
  They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen, and stand upright."   Psalms 20:7-8

In His hands,   ^__^

2 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well.

Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving!

bunches of yarn said...

Thank you Joyful Chaos! ^__^