Friday, November 12, 2010

Knitted Dishrags--Crocheted Hot Pads

Wanted to show you that I'm almost finished making these hot pads.  This red one may not be the last one.  I could make a cream one also.  It depends how long I have.
These are a gift for friend...bridal shower tomorrow...

I cannot find the link for this crocheted one--you know it's like a pouch and then it is joined askew.  I'll link it on another post.

These two are a sort of replica from my little circles from which I'm making a sweater for me.  Their  purpose is to be hot pads for the table.

These two knitted dishcloths are from Homespunliving's blog.  She has both tutorials here and here.  Thank you Deb.
 I used Hobby Lobby's "I Love This Cotton" it is very, very soft and does not split in knitting nor crocheting. Wonderful, and in my opinion, better than "Peaches and Cream"
 Made this "drop peach cake" from Gardenfork He uses a square 9 inch cake pan, but I don't have one of those so I used two 9 inch pie pans--because a 9 inch circle contains less volume than a 9 inch square, but you knew that. 
 I took a little taste from the stainless steel pan...while it was still hot...it is awesome...!
I'll leave you with this:

"Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God." Hebrews 3:12

In His hands,  ^__^

No comments: