Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Whaaaat??? a spiiiiiider webbbbb? on my keyboard!!

Can you seeee it?! It goes from the end of the keys, across the whole table. It is very dense.
Maybe you can see it in the 2nd picture, it sort of has an ethereal and undulating glow. Now it's gone!
I did not use this computer since Sunday night, and today is Wednesday...fast little varmint!

Once, last winter, had a tiny spider that made a web in the triangle from the cabinet, to the window, to the sink, in the kitchen--at least two times a day for more than a week. I never saw the spider until its last day...tiny little thing, was not catching anything, so I put it out of its misery. What was it eating? something I left behind? some minute bugs that could not be seen with the naked eye? I dread to think about it. My kitchen! how dare they?!!

I'll find this computer spider yet...and will give it a techy kind of send off.



Now...on to the baking.

A little yeast and warm water, and the flour I hand milled in my French Hand Mill,


Voila! a peasant loaf, very, very yummy with butter dripping off the first warm slice.
Yummm!
I like to sprinkle flour on top and bottom of the loaf, so it looks like the $9.00 loaves of 'artisan bread' at the 'whoop-tee-do' market.These are my regular loaves. Rather shiny this time.

Then, after taking some knitting apart--rip, rip thank you Susan for the definition--I decided to make this pink ball of yarn into a narrow scarf. Brainless sort of knitting, chevron-like stitch which does not use a lot of yarn.

And, the 'hello kitty' purse-in-progress for the next little girl (#2c) shhh, don't tell her.

Almost forgot, here is this Cuisinart [I'm all French this month] mini processor. Always wanted one, but...too expensive and I have knives that work just fine, thank you.
One of the garage sales [saw it on our way to dinner, it was almost 5pm so I could bargain] had it for $5.00, but due to the late hour she gave it to me for $2.00. You can plainly see that it was used very little. The previous owner got an upgrade which does all sorts of things. Again: good for me!
I made my pizza sauce in it, and it did not turn the garlic to paste, like the blender does, but it minced it very small. I really like this little thing. Now I can give my knives a rest.

After the rain stopped, and the cold front came through, the temp dropped to 43F in the late afternoon, then, the sun was shining, which made the sky that bright, indigo blue--typical of fall in the Midwest. How beautiful!
I'll leave you with this:

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works." 2Ti 3:16-17

In His hands, ^__^

1 comment:

BellaMama said...

"The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in kings' palaces."
Proverb 30:28

I'll take a slice of that peasant bread right now!! It would go really good with the cream of broccoli soup I made yesterday!!

Blessings (and thoughts of warm cinnamon rolls!)