Thursday, October 9, 2008

Actual triumph at memorizing

I may be the only one--or one of a few, to whom memorizing does not come easily.

Tried as I may, this verse has been very slippery for me, for some reason...until last night...I was asking the Lord why is this particular verse sooooo....well, by now it was one of those: I-will-get-this-I-will-get-this-I-will-get-this! ! !

It seems that the Lord said: Remember that 'truth' is first, then honest...sort of 'th' from the. [never mind] then, remember the quaint expression: 'just puuure lovely!' and you've got it!

Sure enough,
I will quote it for you, then I'll go find it and paste it...here it goes: Finally, bretheren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Whew!

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
WoooooHoooooo! I even got the punctuation.

Been trying to get this one for years. Thank you Lord!

I'll leave you with this:


"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Php 4:8

In His hands, ^__^

1 comment:

Jules said...

I'm one for whom memorising comes easily. DH is the opposite. As I've watched our boys try to memorise Scripture verses and spelling words over the years, I've come to the conclusion that some people's brains are wired more for memorising, just as some can pick up a difficult maths concept easily and others can't. I've seen some of my sons struggle all week to learn their verses and spelling, whereas other sons have left it to the last night (or even the morning that it's due) and have learnt it in one going-over. The real heroes were the ones that worked hard at it all week, even if they didn't get it all right on the day.

So well done for sticking to it and finally getting it memorised.