Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm still here

I see that 'nobody' has been coming to read my blog.
I know 'you'll' be back when I get back to posting.
Been very busy with lots of 'people' coming and going for over a week.

One thing I'm sad for is that the fence around our house is only 3ft. tall.

So what's the deal with that?--you ask...

My goater friend has a little doe that will not stop nursing, she is over 4 months old, and the momma goat won't push her away. So... the little doe needs to be away from the momma for about 3 weeks. I offered to keep her, but did not 'pass inspection' The young doe is 'my best jumper' my friend said, and needs at least 6ft. of fencing or she'll be out in the neighbourhood bleeting up a storm...sigh...it would have been my opportunity to 'play at being a goater'...oh, well.

Got a yogurt start from my goater friend, it is delicious. As we speak the milk is getting ready to be 'yogged' {my very own term, I feel free to use the noun yogurt as a verb, hope you don't mind}

This is the yogurt starter, blurry, but you've seen yogurt before.
I had to stop the kefir making, long story short (yeah, sure) it was not coming out of hibernation--or whatever it's called when the kefir grains slooooowww doooowwwn production.

These are the kefir grains. In all fairness, they--the grains--have been in non-stop production for over 5 years...time for a winter vacation, guys!
I had to rinse the grains very thoroughly in water; now they are hibernating in water in the refrigerator, until I'm ready for kefir again. So there!



I have a 'ton' of knitting to do. My blue sweater that I started last winter...I don't know where I was at the time I casted on the stitches...but...I have to take it apart, and do the fronts again.

DH has asked that I 'redo' his 'sleeping cap' He would like it to be less, showy and more practical. I'll show you before and after pictures...



One DD sent me a link to a baby round yoke sweater, and I'll go with that one, since the Brazilian Tesituras lady never got back to me. Oh, sigh...this baby is due in about a month, have to get the sweater done!

I'll leave you with this,

"A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken." Pro 15:13

In His hands, ^__^

2 comments:

Daisy said...

I check up on you every now and again .. oh yes I do!:o) I always keep my eye out for new posts even if I don't comment all the time. Love seeing what you are up to!

Anonymous said...

Over in our cozy cottage we ARE reading your blog, pondering knitting lessons (so we can make some socks), and drooling over your bread pictures. We come to check on you almost everyday... so sorry for not leaving a "hi" more often!

It looks cozy at YOUR house too--even though I KNOW you have the windows open and the fan on! :)

It would be great to see more about how you make your yogurt.
It looks yummy!