Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Trying new recipe and it's good.

This morning I was looking for a recipe for no knead bread in Google videos, and I came upon this one by Jameela

It did not take long to prepare or bake. I did not have yogurt so I used my homemade Kefir instead. Those things could be *dangerous* they are so flavourful. Here is the cute little sheep with no name to show you.






I placed the naans (or should it be the naan bread?) on a green serving plate on the green tablecloth to go along with someone's Green Wednesday.

Yes, I also found the 'no knead bread' recipe in Google videos. There are several and I watched about 6 of them. I watched so many to see what sort of container they used to bake it. Everyone had a different pot. One was a cast iron dutch oven, another one had a LeCruise pot. Someone had a beehive looking ironstone pot, the base is similar to a pie pan and the 'lid' is a very deep dome, reminiscent of a bee skep. Someone else had a regular soup/stew pot with a glass lid. Everyone of them came out very well, crunchy and *peasant* looking; which is what we strive for here at Peasant House.

The No knead bread is growing until tomorrow morning, when I hope to bake it. I will give you a full report.


Here you can see the no-name sheep as a sort of dough-in-waiting.

Coincidentally my quilty calendar has a green teacup for March 5th. I thought I'd share that too.

Last but not least, of course, is the beginning of DH's first sock. (on the green tablecloth)I might copy the pattern of the mittens on the tablecloth and embroider it on something.

Finishing laundry folding before DH gets home, so...

I'll leave you with this:


"O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him." Psa 34:8

In His hands, ^__^

1 comment:

Claire Kennedy said...

Yummy! We have ofcourse enjoyed your blog. Please check our's out.