Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Linker is driving me batty



This machine is NOT going to get the better of me!


I spent several hours already attempting to link/sew some knitted samples and the linker is shredding the yarn. It actually eats the yarn as the hook needle fetches the yarn. Then, it takes some of the knitted yarn with it and shreds it also.


It would be helpful to have the operating manual, but I have not found it on line anywhere. In fact, there is NOTHING about this linker on line.


If any of you know someone--or saw somewhere--who knows anything about this linker I would be happy to find out. It is an ERIKA brand made in Italy...probably in the 80s

Boo, hoo, hoo! I thought it would shorten the time of the assembly of all these garments, but NO!




I have to sew all these projects by hand, as I always do. Hope to have them all done by the weekend, Lord willing. Then, I'll show you.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +



On the subject of food: I made Amish Potato Rivvel Soup. It is so very yummy. I had to make this soup today since we might not be having real cold weather for much longer. It is so satisfying a meal.


Maybe you would like the recipe.



5 lbs. potatoes--cut

2 Tbs. minced onions or 1 whole onion-chopped fine.

2 Tbs. parsley

Salt to taste


Place cut potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover the potatoes, add the onions, salt and parsley. While the potatoes come to a boil, prepare the Rivvels (noodley thickener)

1 stick of butter

1/2 c of flour

1 tsp of black pepper


Cut the cold butter into slices and place them in a bowl with the flour. Cut with a pastry cutter/blender like you would for making pie crust. When it resembles cornmeal add the pepper.


Once the potatoes are tender add the Rivvels and stir quickly so they don't stick to the bottom. Simmer for about 5 mins. Stirring every minute or so.


Make some of this soup before it gets too warm.

We have plenty for a second meal. But it is always more juicy/liquidy the second day. For the second day I make either, biscuits or dumplings. Or, if I'm in a big hurry I make garlic bread. Any of which will be a great success.


I'll leave you with this:



"Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life. " Pro 4:13


In His hands, ^__^


1 comment:

BellaMama said...

Thanks for the recipe! It will be a pleasant change from roasted or baked potatoes! Sorry about your linker...ya know handknit is better anyway...each and every stitch made with love! :)
Blessings, Mrs.C.