Friday, March 7, 2008

NO KNEAD BREAD SUCCESS! ! !

In this humble garage sale find--$2.00, from a couple of summers ago, I baked the No Knead Bread loaf from this guy's recipe. I'm sure it is the original recipe that's been going around, and many bakers have youtubed it (I've just introduced a new verb, sure I did!)





Just out of the oven, and wrapped in parchment paper. Another youtube baker suggested letting the dough rise in parchment paper in a clean bowl, so when you transfer the risen dough into the baking pot, the dough does not loose its shape. The split was a result of baking alone. I did not slice it, and did not turn the loaf upside down as some of the bakers suggested.



I used this flexible spatula to help me get it out of the VERY HOT pot, 450F. Use caution.
I did not want to turn it out on to the counter, since I did not want to clean a zillion bits of burnt parchment from off the counter.

The spatula left those scratch marks, and the brownish residue came off with a dish cloth.


When I took this picture I could hear the loaf crackling...I've never had a loaf of bread crackle before. There was one youtubber who played a few minutes of the loaf crackling. I'm so glad to have had the appropriate crackle.


I had to leave the loaf to cool while going to get my goat's milk.
When I got back it was cool enough and ready to slice.

Pass the butter, please!


This is the closest I could get without blurring the picture. The 'eyes' of this bread are so authentic/artisan/peasant, the look and aroma I expected. No disappointments.
P.S. This is the second time I did this blog. I had gone back to the 'brilliant DH' blog to edit all of the above into it. When I pressed the 'publish' button, it said it could not do as requested and proceeded to EAT my post. The bread must have looked so good to Blogger that it had to find an excuse to 'eat' it.
I'll leave you with this:

"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matthew 4:4
In His hands, ^__^

4 comments:

Daisy said...

mmmmmm!mmmmmmm! That bread looks SO, SOO, SOOOOOO good!

BellaMama said...

Where is your sheep?! I was waiting for you to report on this bread...any less time it takes to cook, the more I can make, OR the more I can KNIT!! :)
I'm glad your dh helped you with the linker!! You'll haveta take pics of it in progress for those of us who've not seen one in use.
Blessings, Mrs.C.

SchnauzerMom said...

That bread looks gorgeous! I love the smell of bread while it's baking.

bayith said...

I agree with the others...I can almost smell that bread! mmmmmm! I have a cast iron pot like that, so I should bake some bread, too!

How are your socks coming along?

Be Encouraged!