Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday Muggings

This Monday's Mug is a Library mug.


It is my contention that OXYMORONS are promoted constantly, i.e., this library mug. Should it not have the WORD library on it? rather than a symbol? And an international symbol at that...in our local library...hmm?
I am very fond of reading, and the little symbols--illiterate friendly symbols--do not give me a break from the business of reading...now really!

I have no beef/boeff with symbols, or illiterates; symbols simply contribute to the perpetuation of laziness, in my humble [yeah, sure] opinion.
% % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % %
Now going right on to knitting: the above is a tube of 10 stitches which will become a dolly for one of my pink girlies' b'day. I will show you when done.

Speaking of doings: Look at the bubbles of my sour dough starter. It is coming right along. Tomorrow the weather will be kinder/gentler--supposedly a high of 74F. I have planned to make bread. Yes, I will show you that too.
I wish you could smell the perfume of this starter, yum!



Friday and Saturday I made this cream for a friend--and a little for me. I have been 'trying' to incorporate MSM powder into my creams and I could not dissolve it. A friend tried dissolving it in hot water and told me that heating the water dissolved it. (Of course, I should have known this fact.) I placed my mixing pot on a low flame and the MSM powder dissolved in 30 seconds or so.


Then I added the Shea butter to the hot solution. When the shea butter was creamy like pancake batter, I whippped it with a hand mixer, for 8 minutes or so. I have not added any scent. My friend really loved the feel of the cream.


I sort of, threw everything together, so I do not have a recipe, it was approximately as follows:



Recipe:

2T MSM powder
3T spring water
1T glycerin--to emulsify
1/2 t lecithing granules--to emulsify
8 T shea butter

Let me know if you have any variants to the recipe or the method.


% % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % % %




Another giant fig of the prairie. This one I gave to my friend who had never had a fresh fig. She loved it. I may have to start a fig tree for her.
The fig is on the far right.


I finally have a picture of my new kitchen faucet. #5 put it in and it works wonderful. No leaks, no strange sounds...yay for the new faucet. The high profile allows me to fill the big soup pots and the watering cans without contortions. It is so shiny and beautiful...also the tomatoes on the sill...so homey.

Gotta go...maybe...c ya tomorrow...
I'll leave you with this:

"Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass." Psalms 37:7


In His hands, ^__^




No comments: