Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday Muggings--New Blogger text format

This Monday's Mug is about quirks.  Well...one particular quirk of mine regarding coffee mugs.  As all people do, I have some favoured mugs.  I reach for the favoured mugs for morning coffee or afternoon tea. 

Some of my mugs are all one color, like today's mug; but, most of them are colored on the outside and white or cream on the inside.  I favour the white or cream inside mugs. 
I discovered this quirk a few years ago.  It seems that I like to see the contents of the mug, and if the mug is dark on the inside--like the coffee or tea, it messes with my process of enjoying the refreshment. 

Yes, I did say it was a quirk, so there!

I suggest that you try it and see if it makes a difference to you.  I'm sure there is some name for this coffee-mug-insides-quirk, probably Disfunctional Imbiving Perception Syndrome or DIPS for the peasants to understand. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ok,  Now to the crochet circles.  (Not to be associated with crop circles, or stone circles)

These crocheted cuties will be some sort of shawl, for me...woohoo!
I had the better part of several balls of sock yarn, and it was not enough for "anything" so I started crocheting.
I copied a coaster from a set that a friend made for me a long time ago. 

It will be put  together with this full ball of black.  I will see if it looks the same way after I do it, as I have it in my mind. 
Do you like the mug?  I got it from  Cottage Creations many years ago...two kitties hiding by a basket of yarn, cute!

Not too much going on, besides working on the outside of the house.  The temps are lower and so is the humidity...so pleasant.

Gotta go, have dishes and laundry waiting...

I'll leave you with this:

    "For thou, LORD, art high above all the earth: thou art exalted far above all gods."  Psalms 97:9

In His hands,  ^__^


 

No comments: