Thursday, January 10, 2008

Orange Scones



We all love Scones, and we eat them; for that reason, I don't make them often.

Here are some of the ingredients.
Our 'egg lady' supplied us with these colorful eggs. 2 at the top are green, the one at 3 o'clock is beautifully marked with deep brown. The one in the center has color-on-color spots. The one at 9 o'clock is absolutely perfectly even. And, the one at 6 o'clock has beautifully even-beaded brown and brick lines.



One day we'll have a camera that can take close, close ups...

These are the dry ingredients--which make my bowl look so nice.
The powder sugar and orange juice make the glaze; yummmm!



Who could have...done this???? (I was holding the camera with only one hand, and pointing with the other one--so it's blurry)

They were so good. But you can tell by looking. I only made 1/2 a batch.

This was our snow last week, very pretty.



Finally started on blanket for 3e she really likes violet/purple (yes, 1a, it is violet!)

[Does any body else have a problem knowing the difference between violet and purple?]




Still working on #1's hat. There are TOO MANY THINGS I WANT TO DOOOO!!!!! at the same time. My schedule helper (Candy with her organization wonders) is great. Now I have to go read her blog so I can organize my time to be more efficient.


I forgot to tell you this great 'near hit'.


Coming back from getting goat's milk last week, I saw a giant cream color SUV that was in a hurry. I made a consious effort to stay out of his way, since he was zigzagging all over the road. He dashed by all the other traffic, and finally CUT IN FRONT OF ME so I had to do the screeeeeeech stop so as not to hit him as he turned left, one hair in front of my bumper. He actually turned left from the right lane! Whewwww! I thanked the Lord that I did not get hit by the guy behind me. I had heard the plastic milk jug make a thud, but was shook up and did not pay attention...until I got home and removed the groceries out of the side door. ALL BUT 2 OR 3 CUPS HAD SPILLED ON TO THE CARPET. The force of the impact jarred the lid, just enough to cause the spill--boo, hoo! I cleaned it, but not as much as a super-duper Shop Vac would have. Almost one gallon of Sable's and Callie's milk was hard to get, especially since it was so cold. O'Riley's car parts store suggested a pet deodorizer. It works pretty good--and it smells like 'new car' smell--a miracle since we just turned 230.000 miles.


Anybody want to give me a Humvie? I would like a school-bus-yellow one, thank you.


I'll leave you with this:



"The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it." Pro 10:22


In His hands, ^__^




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look yummy!!!

Daisy said...

Oh Wow! Those look so, so, soooo delicious.

Daisy

Anonymous said...

scones look awesome! I'll definately
try that recipe.

Praise the Lord for keeping you safe.
His mercy amazes me.

SchnauzerMom said...

I'm glad you didn't get hurt in that near miss.

The scones look yummy, I love scones. I'm making them gluten free now. DH doesn't like gluten free flour but I do. I'll make some for him with regular wheat flour.