Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bottled the kombucha, it's flat tasting

I got 5 16oz bottles and 2 cups for the starter of the next batch. I shared it with my friend "D" and she was sort of disappointed that it did not get fizzy. The guy at the happy herbalist dot com, says in his page that the first batch is not always fizzy. The other page I found is Hannah Crum at expert village dot com. She has 14 (under 2 minutes) videos which show the entire process. She makes it look very easy, and it is. I think that our temperature is too cold for the kombucha to grow as it is supposed to grow. Its optimum temp is 80F and we keep our temp at 62F during the day and 65F in the evening. We like it cool.
I know!, I can put it next to the furnace in the pantry. That will keep it warmer, and it should 'fizz' on time.

I just looked at the weather map and it looks like New England and its vicinity is 'under glass' Wow! if it's as icy as it looks in the map, y'all must have one inch of ice. We are in the chunk of snow which will give us up to 3" again.
What's with the 3"? Although, we have about 10 snow birds every day--not yesterday, it was 63F and winds of 25 to 30mph.

Well, I did want this blog to be a weather report...

Ran errands and did shopping yesterday, and pulled my heel tendon again, but...calcium, castor oil pack, minerals, etc, etc...it's much better today.

Back to full t-tapping It feels great!

I need help with the hyperlink! The other times that "I did it right" was the result of point-and-click until it worked but...can't remember how I did it.

I'm still doing lots of things that keeps my computer time to under one hour. I am hoping to have some pictures tomorrow.

I'll leave you with this:

"For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.
This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it." Psa 132:13-14

In His hands, ^__^




4 comments:

Daisy said...

Good for you for exercising! I've never heard of the t-tap before! It's been nice and warmish the last few days, it's suppose to get cold again though. I'm not sure about the hyper-link thing. I have yet to insert any link on my blog yet. Doesn't seem to want to work for me, I must be doing something wrong.

SchnauzerMom said...

I may have missed the explanation somewhere, but what is kombucha?

bunches of yarn said...

SM: scroll down to the bottom of the page to see what it looks like. It is a symbiotic ferment, like cole slaw, but it's done with sweetened black tea--or green tea. It seems to be a metabolic balancer as well a many other things. If you go to Hannah Crum's site she tells many of the things it does good for you.
^__^

Unknown said...

I'm very glad you're back to TTAPP! Great Job! Be encouraged! every little bit counts :)