Thursday, December 10, 2015

Sweater for Sir Peasant aka DH

Hiya girls,

During the many months that I did not post a blog I was knitting.  I knit ev-ery day.  I have lots of stuff on my needles.  Double pointed for socks, circulars for hats, straights for all manner of sweaters, and currently, on my giganticly long needles I have a Wonderful Wallaby. (picture later when it's more recognizable).  Sir Peasant always wears one of the sweaters that I knitted for him, but I had not knitted one in a couple of years.  When JoAnn's had a huge sale on Paton's worsted wool, I took advantage and bought yarn for 3 sweaters.  One for hubby, one for me, and one for #4 (who had not had one of them since elementary school.) 
So then, first DH.  An oatmealy color which Paton calls Natural. 


 
 
it is a V neck with six buttons

 
and two cables on each of the fronts


one cable on each sleeve



this is the sleeve seam showing the increases
 
 
and, three cables on the back

 
I'm happy with the results

 
hugging my BFL (blue face Leicester, which is not blue but black, but I can dream)

 
I had a ball and 1/3 of a ball left so I made him a cowl, I made the pattern as I went along.  I measured his neck to the size he liked.

 
9 knit, 1 purl for 12 rows and then offset by 5 sts, and repeated.
 
 
the bottom band is 24 rows of garter st

 
the top band is 12 rows of 2x2 rib with the mock rib

 
this is the reverse side

 
there y'go.

 
Sir Peasant is very happy with his new sweater, but really, really likes the cowl.
 
 
Hope you enjoyed the show.  I have a video of me 'blocking' the sweater, which I'll have to download.  It takes an actual 'forever' to download 10 minutes videos.  Someone we know goes to the library to download, it takes only 5 minutes to download 50 minutes videos.  So it takes me about 3 hours for a 10 minute.  If you know a quicker way--without going to the library--let me know.
 
I'll leave you with this:
 
"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits..." Psalm 103:2
 
In His hands,  ^__^


No comments: