Friday, August 5, 2011

Not so hot...yay!

Hi Girlies:

It has been so hot under my rock that I have hardly come out from under it.  I had to take a picture of the thermometer.  It was about 7:30pm when I took it, and it had come down from 109F.  I think this has been the hottest temp in our town.

When it's so hot we want quick and easy...so...taco salad.  The only thing that I cook is the meat.  Mr. PeasantHouse loved how it looked, so he had to show it off...


He decided to decorate it with black olives and sour cream.  He said it was very, very good with the added yummies.



I had knitted a cozy for our tea pot, but it was too big and cumbersome.  We need something to cover the teapot since we dine with the fan on.  So I'm using a watermelon slice hot pad instead.  It works.


We have been soooo sloooowwww in doing things, I'm sure we're not the only people who slow down in extreme heat.  Especially when the weather people tell you to.  Holie-pop-corn, Batman! If you don't know how hot it is, you keep doing what you are doing, and drink gallons of water, and stand in the shade, or go inside.  Right?! You don't depend on the weather guy to know it's hot, do you?
Oh, well.  Russians will get them before we get there. (Hunt for Red October quote)

Very well, my girlies, that's just me.  Perhaps most of the population do expect to be told when the sun shines, or that it's raining...it's summer...but...soon, very soon, the leaves will start to fall and the sumac will be red...sighing... (with relief)

I'll leave you with this:

"Concerning the works of men, by the word of thy lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer." Psalms 17:4


In His hands,  ^__^




No comments: