Monday, June 15, 2009

Lots of rain

Hi again!

We had a HUGE downpour last Tuesday, over 5 inches of water between 10am and 5pm. This happens every two or three years, but it is still an awesome experience to see it happen. Some areas got huge hail, like grapefruite size, some got tennis ball size, we got not hail at all, thank you Lord.
So this morning, very early it rained hugely, before sunup, but around 10ish we received rain for over 30 minutes. Look.




It does not do it justice but you can see the straight-down 'sheet' of rain.


On another subject: Went to see a friend, a few weeks ago and in her front yard, just outside her kitchen window I saw this, and thought you might like to see it.


The nest is about 8 ft from the ground. Never saw a robin's nest so close to the ground before.


Have not done much...I have been reading, and reading, and reading. Talked to #4 this morning and he asked what I've been knitting, so I told him, 'nothing at all'. Then he sort of screamed in horror: "where is my Mom? and what have you done with her"...what can I tell you...I have only 75 pages to go on this 850 page book from 1880--first edition--WOW! maybe I'll share with you about it, another time. It is the author's narration of his life as a priest, in the years before he was DELIVERED by Almighty God from the clutches of Rome. A friend of ours insisted that we should read it...he was right. There is an abridged version out there, but it's only 300 and some pages long. I cannot see how 500 pages can be removed and still get the 'jist' of the book. If any of you have read both I'd appreciate a comment about it. Fifty Years in the Church of Rome, by Charles Chiniquy.
I'll leave you with this:

"A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken." Pro 15:13
In His hands, ^__^

No comments: