Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Making an afghan

I am finishing an afghan for a lady. This lady's Mom had started it right before she died. That Mom was 96. In my opinion she did a great job. She had 'almost finished' two of the 'ribbons'. Now I've been commissioned to complete it.



The yarn is very soft--for a synthetic fiber--and it goes quickly. It is a mile-a-minute pattern, which I had never made. It was easy to figure it, and match the gauge.


Also, wanted to show you my newest book. The Byzantine Textform (Greek Text) of the N.T.
Had to hunt for it. Finally found it at the way-yonder-in-Texas LifeWay bookstore. Since they did not have it at the store near me, I was not charged shipping. Thank you Lord.
Now I am a Greek SCHOLAR. (def.: A scholar is someone being schooled in some subject. NOT someone who is an expert on a subject)
[scholar O.E. scolere "student," from M.L. scholaris, from L.L. scholaris "of a school," from L. schola (see school (1)). The M.L. word widely borrowed, e.g. O.Fr. escoler, Fr. écolier, O.H.G. scuolari, Ger. Schüler. First record of scholarship in sense of "emoluments of a scholar" is 1535. ] Source: On-Line Etymology Dictionary. The word has been 'abducted' by the always-evolving-crowd, but...no matter. It is what it is.
On to mundane-itties: Last Thanksgiving, when the whole world was here, #3a brought me three slips of lavender from my patch. I put them in water, and a couple of weeks ago one of them sprung a root. Another one shows promise of rooting, but the third one seems dead. Oh, well. Thank you #3a for the new plants that will spring from these slips.



It is, FINALLY, pretty and green outside my windows.



And lastly: A pair of doves in the noon sunshine on my front step. They are so cute. We have about 5 pairs of doves that come to our feeders and bird baths.


I'll leave you with this:

"And the remnant that is escaped of the house of Judah shall yet again take root downward, and bear fruit upward." 2Ki 19:30
In His hands, ^__^

1 comment:

SchnauzerMom said...

Wow that afghan is very pretty. I've never made a Mile a Minute afghan either.