Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Laptop has a booboo and Kombucha had mould!

Also we're going to have umpteen inches of snow depending which weather guy is talking.

The wireless stuff is kaput, but very fixable. The Kombucha is down the drain. The scoby had mould, but when I threw it out it smelled right. I'll have to order a real scoby from somewhere since my attempts have failed.

I spent the day in the basement, laundry all done, ironing all done, dishes all done. Now knitting for relaxation and some Celestial Seasonings, AM Detox tea--since the kombucha is no more. I really like this tea, it is soothing, it tastes very nice and it's good-for-you. I do not like the new picture. It appears to be a youth of unrecognizable gender. Not good at all. I'll not say anything else about it.







Getting close to finished on the sweater and hat for #1 and 1e respectively.



While I was in the basement, I cleaned out one, only one shelf--there are many--and it felt so good to accomplish this task. Since we are suppossed to have "so much snow" tonight, I may work on other shelves or piece the blocks for #5's quilt.



The books from CBD arrived and I'm so excited, don't know which one to read first. We got Bullinger's Companion Bible for $36.00--retails for $89.00, and John Wesley's 7 volume set. It retails for over $300.00 but they had it on sale for $49.00, yes! Who wants to read Wesley, and Bullinger, and Barnhouse, and those guys? Good for us, we get the discount, and the books we would not be able to afford, otherwise. Thank you Lord!



There is one book I've been wanting to get by Carol Samples. It is out of print. It retailed for $29.00. I could get it from Amazon in the UK for $179.00. I don't think so. I'll wait for the next printing. This lady is amazing, you can see her stuff here everything she makes is beautiful, she is very creative. She makes the plainest thing look most elegant.

This is a picture from the above link.

I had never considered embellishing something necessary, but I've seen very beautiful needlework/embroidery which has made me reconsider.

I'll leave you with this:


"Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked; from the insurrection of the workers of iniquity" Psa 64:2

In His hands, ^__^



3 comments:

Daisy said...

I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday this month Iknit!
Sorry the Kombucha didn't work out, but you at least gave it a shot!
I've never seen that tea from celestial seasonings, I wouldn't mind trying it. Too bad about the picture though. Sometimes on health products the pictures can be a little bizzare. Probably some new agey thing.
That lady does beautiful work, have you ever made a crazy quilt? Some of them can be so elegant!

SchnauzerMom said...

Sorry your Kombucha didn't work out. The tea sounds good but the picture is a little iffy. Some of the models are so skinny that sometimes you can't tell if they're girls or boys. Hope you don't get snowed in. It's clear and dry here. We could really use some moisture.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just love that embroidery. It doesn't look too difficult, either.

I wish we had some snow here... But all we ever get this year is rain. Oh well. Spring is coming.