Sunday, February 2, 2014

Crochet blanket and some baking

Hey, girly girls,

I did make my 'famous' Sour Cream cake from this cookbook

 Although it is technically a chocolate cake, I always omit the cocoa. It is very moist and it has a large crumb. 
For example:  When using a boxed cake mix, the resulting cake has a fine crumb. But, this cake is moist, very moist. Which we like.

Ignore the top part of the picture, it is the description of the previous recipe.
I have used both lard and butter; but, by far, the better flavour comes from the butter.  It seems that the lard adds its own flavour which takes away from the sweetness and softness from the rest of the ingredients.

A few days ago I make an apple cake, here is a picture.  It was so yummy.
Also made Mr.PeasantHouse's favourite baked butter squash.  Very tender.  Always add water to the bottom of the pan and the rind/peel will peel off like paper. ta-dah!
 

Crochet

A friend is expecting a baby boy in March and I made this ripple blanket for her baby boy.
It is a mixture of Attic24's ripple which I love and have made several, and others.




So comforting, in this frozen-sheet of ice over the 2 inches of snow-weather.  Albeit, the sun is shining after several days of being cocooned in clouds.  We could have some sublimation of the ice crust. 
No use shoveling, giant ice picks would be necessary to get through the diamond hardness.  Ok, I exaggerate.  But, the car did not leave any visible tracks, and the mailman must have floated over, since there are no signs of footprints...

Better go,

I'll leave you with this:

"Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread." Isaiah 8:13 

In His hands,  ^__^

No comments: