Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Monday Muggings...nearly...

Ok, I'm back.  Tea and fresh bread, can you smell it? oh, yummy.

Have not taken any pictures of the things I've knitted in December yet.  But, I can tell you that the socks I knitted have flopped!  I don't know what I did, but the child could not get his toes through the ankle place...of course his little, little sister could get them on, but she had enough room for a tennis ball and a golf ball in the heel...oy...



So I made stuff, these are SHAPES--my name for these, which are fried dough, and sprinkled with salt (not sweet) and we eat these with whatever we like.  For instance, peanut butter, sliced cheese, cream cheese, hommus, and in this case: BAKED ARTICHOKE DIP.


RECIPE FOR BAKED ARTICHOKE DIP

1 can of artichoke hearts, water packed (in the canned isle--not in jars)
1 8 oz pack of cream cheese
8 fresh cloves of garlic, chopped very fine or minced
1 cup of parmesan cheese
1 cup of mayonnaise
Pepper, and parsley to taste.

Chop the artichokes.
Have the cream cheese soft at room temp and cream it with the chopped artichokes.  Add the mayonnaise, add the garlic and the parmesan cheese.  Mix again lightly, not to smithereens. 
Add pepper and parsley.  Place in a buttered pan, I use Pam.

Bake at 350F in a 9x12 pan for 30 mins. or until the top is light golden color.  The entire house will smell  won...der...ful! For a double batch increase baking time by 15 minutes, keep watching it.
It is better to make 2 double batches than one triple batch, unless you have a big, big, pan, like 12x 20.

It is so flavourful that one cannot stop oneself...almost.  SERVE with pita chips, or any cracker you like.
CAUTION:  you may have to make a double or triple batch--depending on your guest list.

Then I made bread, whole wheat honey bread...with the 'finest of wheat'

I milled the wheat--need ear protection.

 Placed the loaves in this manner in my smallish oven.

When the entire house smells just right, they are done--about 30 minutes

Cooling on the rack.
 Such a nice loaf
 And then it snowed.  We got something like 9 inches of dry snow.

Today the sun is shining so brightly...
...and the light snow is blowing...it looks like flying diamonds!

Such beauty...and it is cold, -20F (wind chill) but the actual temp. is 10F. 

Making potato bread today.  I'll put it in my new big muffin pans that I bought at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago.  Although I made corn muffins last night, I HAVE to make clover leaf rolls today....I'll show you later or tomorrow.

I'll leave you with this:

"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers."   Ephesians 4:29

In His hands,  ^__^

No comments: