Friday, June 18, 2010

Yup, I'm still here...no knitting or anything!

Sorry, but...I've not even opened my blog in over a month.

We have been working on house things. You know...? you plan and then something happens and the plan goes by the wayside. For example: There has been RAIN FOREST type of weather for the past month and a half. So the insulation job took twice longer because of the rain.

The holes on the outside of the house are plugged but not finished. It keeps raining.

The driveway guy had to postpone about 4 times because of the rain. It keeps raining.

Driveway done...then the driveway and patio sealer guy was coming at least 4 days after the driveway guy. It rained.

Two weeks later the sealer guy comes. It was a beautiful sunny warmish day...
Driveway sealer guys are doing their work: first power wash all surfaces. Wait for it to dry. Sure enough...the sun was bright and almost 90F...they did their tidying-up of their equipment...clouds begin to form those fluffy white and bright pop-corn type shapes.
Driveway and patio are dry. Out come the hoses for their goopy stuff...soon they are done. Done! Goopy stuff starts to dry and the fluffy clouds are getting bigger. Now they are gorgeous cumulus, towering spectacularly.

Yes, as soon as they are done the sun is no longer 'there'. The sky is totally overcast, and an hour after they leave we get 2 inches of rain in half an hour!!!!
All the goopy stuff gone to the storm drain, as the driving rain washes--should I say "power washes" their excellent work. No problem, they'll come back and do it again. (great guarantee)

Oh, did I say it rained?

The good thing about this Rain Forest weather is that there is no tornado or hail threat. Too hot for that!

*************************************************************

I've found the recipe for those bran muffins that I loved. (page may load slowly)
Made them, but they did not come out like muffins, they turned out more like cup cakes.
I will have to doctor the recipe to make them look like muffins. You know, with the rounded top. If I remember to take pictures when I make them, I will show you.

As you know when the Amazons-like weather develops here in BEAUTIFUL-FAR-EASTERN KANSAS it makes it hard for me to bake. I AM SUCH A BABY about hot weather. If I could afford it I would have the AC at 65F and bake all the time...oh, well...sigh.
My stove is from 1942, I love the wide space between the burners, but the oven--if it ever had insulation, it is no longer there. Consequently the kitchen gets very, very warm. Some of you have experienced it. Here is a picture that I found in flikr exactly like mine. (did not feel like taking a picture...I'm not at 'my' computer)

Ok, waaaaayyyy too chatty, and especially since I've not 'spoken' for a while.
Better go.

SUNSHINY AND 95F

I'll leave you with this:


"The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe." Proverbs 18:10

In His hands, ^__^

No comments: