Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Normalish days...have a minute...short note

I really like rainy days, and we have seen many of those this Spring. Everything is GREEN and lush and beautiful, but I have no pictures.


The flowering trees are done flowering--mostly, and there is very little pollen in the air. Actually today there is none, as it is raining a beautiful steady rain.

Enough of the weather report.

Knitted some baby booties for 2c and 5b--pink of course.


for their American Girl dollies.

Since rainy days are conducive to reading, I have been reading A WHOLE LOT--loooove to read.
These are the complete works of John Wesley. It will take me a while to read all of volumes, but his narratives are very entertaining. I have read most of one volume.

Then, I pulled this one, off the shelf. It is so FULL of historical information. The author, Alfred Edersheim, was a Jewish man who became a born again Christian. Edersheim's perspective is wonderful. (he has some minor things that I don't agree with, but...who does not?)
These men of old--like Wesley and Edersheim--who lived in the 18th and 19th century respectively, loved the Lord, loved the Word of the Lord, and spent much time studying, researching and learning. All of it to our benefit, and even if they did not know it, to the glory of God.
When I received a gift certificate to Michael's for my birthday, I went quickly to purchase yarn (poor me, I did not have enough, sigh...) to make a ripple afghan. I had seen the ripples that Attic24 had made, and was inspired to replicate one. So, a couple of months ago I stood for more than an hour, in front of the multitude of yarns, choosing the 'right' colors.

Here is a peek...
It is the 'soft ripple' pattern. I enjoy looking at her colorful blog.

Better get busy. I need to make bread, but maybe tomorrow, Lord willing. I will do it.

I'll leave you with this:


"Also, that the soul be without knowledge, it is not good; and he that hasteth with his feet sinneth." Proverbs 19:2

In His hands, ^__^



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw that afghan on attic 24's site and thought that I, too, would enjoy making one. Ha, great minds think alike :)