Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Working on the sleeves of the pink baby sweater

I'm listening to an audio book on RealPlayer. My screen is showing Anabel the sheep. She is very entertaining, but...I'm too busy to watch her. [the book: Final Authority by Dr. Wm. Grady]




I'm working on the sleeves of the notorious pink baby sweater. The stitch that I 'made up' is as follows.
Multiple of 3 stitches
Row 1: purl
Row 2: *k3, pass 1st stitch over the next two stitches, y/o * repeat to the end of the row
Row 3: purl
Row 4: knit
Row 5: purl
Row 6: repeat from Row 2

There! that is easy, almost brainless. Good basketball game knitting.

Close up is not great, but you get the idea.
For the sleeves, I started with 5 dps but it was difficult to psso the 2 sts ( the dps are bamboo) so I went to my straight needles. I do not mind sewing the sleeve.

These simply adorable baby booties are for a newborn (boy) at church. Hoping he has not outgrown them by next Sunday. (Last Sunday we had almost 12" of snow and did not go to church.)


I got them from here. However, the 'subtitles' that give the instructions are not complete. Go here to get the written instructions. They were a cinch!...er...they were delightful to knit.
I'll leave you with this:

"Then they came near, and spake before the king concerning the king's decree; Hast thou not signed a decree, that every man that shall ask a petition of any God or man within thirty days, save of thee, O king, shall be cast into the den of lions? The king answered and said, The thing is true, according to the law of the Medes and Persians, which altereth not. " Daniel 6:12

In His hands, ^__^

No comments: