Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Knitting

Hey, girly girls!...here are some pictures of what I've been doing.

I've permitted myself to start this moebius, it is so fun to knit. I use the Cat Bordhi mobius cast on. When I get tired of doing regular knit, I start a row knitting backwards, in continental style, which gives me purl rows. I usually do 3 or 4 rows of each. It goes fast--relatively--and it is good brainless work.
The other day, it was cold--but not as cold as the following days of 5F--so I made me a cup of tea in one of my favourite mugs.



It looked like this outside, which was very inspiring for making bread.


Then, I milled some of THE BEST WHEAT IN THE WHOLE REALM, and made bread.




See, it was cold but not so much.



While the bread was rising and, later, baking I lounged in the living room which was flooded with sunshine...I love that room in the morning. Since I'm a Mom I can multitask...while I knitted I watched some youtubes of knitting, but mostly Bible preaching...love that too.



This is the scarf--in progress, and almost done--for 2a. Sorry I did not take a picture of it blocked. It came out so lovely. This scarf was a 'practice block' for an afghan. I'll show you later. [I'm considering buying pink yarn by the truckload, seriously, EVERYBODY--actually the girls--wants everything pink.] {the guys want blue and/or black--or should I say black-and-blue, which, more readily match their bruises...boys!}


I am happy to announce that I "tried" making a video of the moebius, and I've succeeded...now...how to place it in the blog?????? as soon as I figure it, you'll see it.
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
KEEP CALM & STAY THE COURSE
Persistence, or rather "Extreme point-and-click" and VOILA!



You will see my first--and maybe only--video. It took an hour to upload a 3 and a half minute video. There must be something else I need to know.
Boy-oh-boy, it sounds like I'm breathing in a respirator. I'll have to figure how to hold the camera and not breathe, or something. [hopefully you won't notice so much]
I'll leave you with this:

"Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation." II Pe 3:3-4


In His hands, ^__^

2 comments:

PaulaC said...

Oh how I agree with you, I thought I was the only one having problems posting videos. I have managed it a couple of times by accident, but could not tell you how I did it. A feat I am finding difficult to repeat. To think I bought the flip especially to add videos to my blog thinking it would be easy - how wrong I was. Or perhaps I am just dumb:)

Unknown said...

Good job on your first video!
Your mobius looks really cool! Is it to be used like a scarf?

We liked seeing all the pictures :)

1a & 1b