Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The back to normal stuff

Having to blog in the laptop which does not have a picture chip place. I will give you web pictures.

My computer has 'crashed' maybe. After being repaired, I did something--must have pushed 'P'--and now it will not boot up. It says something like...would you like to start in safemode...click here...so I click here and it cycles back...oh, the cyber=life...

I'll go pull a vine that is growing up the tree outside the kitchen window. It is a Virginia Creeper, nice for a green thing, but the flowers are almost invisible. It turns brick red in the fall, but leaf by leaf, and makes it look brown and spottled and not pretty at all.


I should go ask for some Boston Ivy from a neighbour. Boston Ivy is brilliant in the fall, and stays bright bricky red for many days.
I think the Boston Ivy is much prettier by far.


I borrowed the pictures from the ivies sites, but cannot make them look nice. Sorry.


()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()


It is still spring...lovely breezy and 60F. It seems that all the trees turned green over the weekend, and are now their regular summer color. No more that palish green of early spring.

All looks beautiful...the pecan tree is being devoured by the squirrels, that is, the little leaves. As they come out the squirrels eat them. Must have some nutrient that enhances their 'hard-headedness'...boy! they are relentless.


The figs put out nice fruit, but the frost got them last week. I'll have to make friends with someone in a warmer climate (who grows figs) and ask them for some this summer.


I really like figs...fresh figs. At the end of summer they can be found at groceries stores, for $3.00 a piece. ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! The US government should raise figs and pay off the national debt! YIKES!


I'll leave you with this:

"For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life." Pro 6:23
In His hands, ^__^

2 comments:

BellaMama said...

When our computer went "kaput", I asked my IT brother to look at it and he figured that it needed a new power supply. Viola! It worked without any loss!!

Enjoy your cool weather. It's raining here-lovely large raindrops. The pear and apple and plum trees have blossomed.

Blessings!

SchnauzerMom said...

I never cared for figs, maybe if I dipped them in chocolate.