Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Silpat

Forgot to tell you about the Silpat on which I baked the biscotti logs. (See January 5 post)

Last summer, at one of the garage sales was a box of free stuff, at the bottom of the driveway. I usually do not pay attention to those 'free boxes' but this one caught my attention. Half way out of the box was this Silpat. As the lady saw me inspecting it, she said: "take it, its free, AND there is nothing wrong with it. I just don't like how it feels" Woohoo for me!
I brought it home, washed it and now I'm using it.

The Silpat keeps the bottoms of breads and cookies from overbrowning--I have a tendency to overbrown. Since my oven's thermostat has, long since, given up its duties, I have to bake like my ancestors did.

My stove is a 1942 Maytag Dutch Oven. I appreciate it immensely. There is a wide space between the burners, which serves as a holding station.

I'll leave you with this:

"I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,
And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth." Isa 62:6-7


In His hands, ^__^

No comments: