Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Biscotti part 2 and redone wool

Hello Ladies

Daisy asked for the recipe for my biscotti. Here is the YouTube where I got the recipe.

I must tell you that I watched over one dozen videos before I decided on this recipe. It seemed to be the most authentic.

However, and as tasty and good as they are...they are hard as rocks--well, they need to be dunked in something so they can be eaten. Actuallly, I ate a few without dunking, but had to be cautious...they are very hard!

My next batch will have butter, although I chose this butterless recipe for the authenticity.

All the videos recomend cooling the 'logs' before slicing, but another video--I cannot find it now--recomends slicing while hot from the oven to avoid crumbling. As you can see in my previous post there is almost no crumbling at the cutting board.

Here they are ready to go back in the oven.



On the cooling rack


I placed them in a cookie tin, which I keep lined with parchment paper. It is my cookie/biscotti tin.


Now an update on my tooken-apart-and-hung-to-stretch-and-skeined-and-rewound wool. Pfeww!


Wool winding


Hanging to dry, weighted down with my knitting machine weights.



Close up of a weight

My favourite weight is a hanging pot, but I could not use them this time as we had put the pots away for the winter.


As I wind the wool using my trusty wooden swift. I've had this swift for over 15 years. It is made in Sweden by GAJ

Wound wool resting on my winding bench, which was made by my husband with the assistance of #5 when he was 6 years old. #5 would sit on this bench, in the kitchen and read to me while I made dinner. This little bench always reminds me of those days.

I clamp the 'legs' to a table, as you can see in the above picture. The winder is always clamped to the bench.

I'm in the process of reknitting the sweater. Have the back and both fronts done, and are almost finished with the sleeves. I'll show you another time.


I'll leave you with this:


"For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life" Pro 6:23


In His hands, ^__^



2 comments:

Daisy said...

Thanks so much! I just spend the past 30 minutes or so watching biscotti recipes on youtube!! These would be excellent with tea. I wonder if I don't cook them so long if they won't be so hard? Anyway maybe I'll make this next week when I have all the ingredients.

Daisy said...

Oooh I think I see a cup from Canada! ;O)