Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Some festivities over...back to routine...almost...

And *the people* have ALL gone back home, each to his respective state.



Wow! it was busy, and noisy, and busy.



I've been doing some cleaning, picking up, dusting, and LAUNDRY, and putting things back. I'm sort of slow doing it all, since both DH and I have a nasty cold. HATE IT!

Feeling much better today, and should be finished folding all the bedding tomorrow.

Have to make bread also, and get goat's milk as well. Good thing the goat-sitting did not work out (remember I told you, back then?) or I would not have been able to take care of the doe while having company. Phew!



This morning #4 calls me to find out what are the plans for *the winter eating festival* What is he thinking?!?! I asked him to, please, give me a few days to recover before making another menu for the *resident army*...he laughed...you are MOM (super is implied) and you can be making plans already...yeah, sure...my head is not pounding now, so it's funny to me too, right now. . .

...I did not tell you, that for the Thanksgiving dinner we were 27 sitting down at table and 2 babes in arms. The Friday following Thanksgiving, we 'hang out' together most of the day, and leftover lunch is the *main event* (plus football)...so for Friday's hang-out-for-left-overs-lunch we were 32...this time we were not so formal...#4 and Mrs. #4 with brand-new baby were able to come.
Lord bless #2 and Mrs. #2 for having the most floor space to accomodate the 4 tables and the 'million' chairs, for all of us to be together. It was so nice to be all in one room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Got some snow, and cold temps, but...it's almost Winter. (10 more days of Autumn)




I'm so glad...I found, again, a place to purchase one of my soap making ingredients. Now I can make soap again. I have several orders on hold (maybe 4)
By the way...I found Nancy Today on YouTube several weeks ago. She is a lady in Canada, native of Georgia. She is delightful, teaches stuff, is poignant and funny...maybe 'cause..."been there, done that" (well not quite, but almost). She uses downspout drain PVC tubes as soap molds. I shall have to try it. Seems to reduce the shaping time of the bars. She goops the inside of the tubes with petroleum jelly, i.e., Vaseline (R), and uses a home made pusher-outer to slide the long bar of soap easily.
She has something like 1600 videos, and has been vlogging for one year. Amazing stamina!

I'll leave you with this:


"This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all." I John 1:5

In His hands, ^__^

2 comments:

BellaMama said...

So glad to hear you'uns are nearly done with the yucky cold and you are finally able to get to your laundry!! I have a few loads, which I think might be the normal amount now. Hope you stay enjoyably busy and still have a restful and peaceable holiday season!!

Jules said...

Your photo is so lovely. Makes me almost - but not quite - wish to live in a place that experiences such cold temperatures.

I know having all the family is such a lot of work but it's such a blessing too and how wonderful that they all want to come home and be together.