Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Wow!, 'tis been over one year

How can I summarize one entire year...ok, life, family, relatives, appliances, trees, etc, etc.

However, after all the 'interruptions' I'm still here and whole--sporting a headache currently because many neighbours are burning leaves.  It is very nice and cool weather, so we have the windows opened--smoke comes in--everything smells of those burning colorful leaves--need new furnace filters--and so on.  But DH just went to get new furnace filters, in the hope that the house will smell clean and nice, rather than the fire pits of gehenna.

My little cameral was left out overnight a while ago, and it drowned.  Did the rice thing, and did it again, and once more...still, rigor mortis of cameras (whatever that's called)  So, after several weeks of looking and asking, and viewing, I decided on a white contraption by Samsung.  My friend has one and does marvelous work with it (actually she has a natural eye for photography, and I probably don't.  However, the nice camera should aid me in my attempted photography.)

 I made this bunny using the instructions from    Diana Sullivan It is easy to make, so I made this bunny some siblings, aren't they cute?


Got some Cascade fingering yarn in several colors for a granny square blanket, which I've just begun making.
 

I placed them on an orderly row on the table and just looked at them for an entire day.  Just love wool yarn, and this one is so silky.


Scrumptious colors.


every one of them!


They skeins rested here for a short while until I made cakes of them with my wool winder. (will post a picture of the cakes in my next post--with the new camera! yay!)


Found this gadget called a Lucet.  It is something my Dad used as a little boy to keep him occupied and out of trouble.  I found this one at Hobby Lobby, and then found a more sturdy one at Paradise Fibers (4 times the price--picture later) Made several cords already and several of my people have them now.  The cords are fun and (pardon the expression) brainless to make)  My intent was to make some shoes...yeah, sure.  Very laborious work...so back to utilitarian cord making.


I was needing a pencil case, and looked for a long time.  I found this one at Walmart, but it is sooooo booorriiiiing, I had to do something about it.
 

Took my markers, and away I went!  Little flowers--ivy-like,


Some ants going home,


Some forget-me-nots,


Some imaginary flowers, and some ladybugs or ladybirds.  Sorry about the blurr, I hope the new camera will focus (I know it does an infinite better job of focusing,)

I think this will be all for today.  Have much more to show. 

So, as always,

I'll leave you with this,

"Curse not the king, no not in thy thought; and curse not the rich in thy bedchamber: for a bird of the air shall carry the voice, and that which hath wings shall tell the matter."   Ecclesiastes 10:20


In His hands,  ^__^

No comments: