Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hello once again

So glad to be back, I missed all of you. I know some of you have been coming to see the same-old-thing, day-after-day-after-day, BUT...Hey! here we are, together again.

Busy, busy, busy...like all of you...we are still well, thank you Lord! and had to go shopping at the 'Russian store' for our favourite cheese and candy. They have the most awesome chocolates...this is a picture of one of the wrappers, it was something in the similitude of Kit-Kats, but far superior. I cannot read Russian (yet) but I'm sure that some of you who can, will tell me that it says something like: 'honey bear candy'


Moving right along, I had to crochet these hot pads. I went to Jo-Ann's for their Labor Day super sale and got lots of stuff on sale. I had a gift card from Mr. and Mrs. #5 for Mother's Day, so I HAD to go. While waiting for the lady to cut my fabric, she was talking about having just learned how to crochet her Grandmother's hot pads. She said she looked for 'six months' for a pattern and could not find it. Ok, I knew I would be able to find what she described in Google, and sure enough! I typed 'crochet hot pads' in YouTube and the only thing that came up was this pattern. [Maybe the lady did not know about YouTube] They are so easy, I just had to make a couple, for #3 for when I send her the package of her #c's knitted blanket. Still have to block it, and it will be ready. {Shipped the wheat Monday in the PM)
This is the front view
this is the back view.

Next subject: FOOD
It has been a long time since I posted any food pictures, I thought you might enjoy these two views of the same sandwich. It's a "Frisco Melt" {a variation thereof} It is made of sour dough bread, Swiss cheese, left-over Gyro-burgers [they went a looooong way], caramelized onions, and Thousand Island dressing. It is the best copy of those we used to eat at "COPPER PENNY'S'.
These veggies are Bird's Eye's California Stir Fry. Yummmmy!



Another view. Make some as soon as possible, they are very scrumptious.



Everything is so green and especially the English Ivy, which has the dark green of the old growth and the light green of the new. DH made a pergola for me and trained the English Ivy around it. What you see flowering in the front of the gate is a cultivated Honeysuckle--alas, no scent. The wild--so called Honeysuckle is very fragrant. The light green low shrubs are Lemon Balm. Gorgeous scent.

These two roses appear darker than they are in person. They are from #2's roses, he has [maybe] a dozen bushes of many different colors, these are huge.


Oh, by the way, we are still in KANSAS, I know that when I visit some blogs, it appears as thought I am in Kansas City, MO...that is where our server is. But, we are in KANSAS. (The heart shows where the capital is...Topeka)
I got this cute cross stitch several years ago at the Trading Post...which has gone out of business. I miss spending money there. (chuckle)


Received a beautiful flower gift from some friends from church. I took a lot of views...no time for all of them. The 5 petal flower has the very same scent as Gardenias, cannot figure out what that flower is. If any of you know, please tell me.


We had some storms a few days ago, much needed rain. I wanted to see how my camera would do, in taking a looping weather page. Pretty good, I think.

I oiled my spinning wheel [which I do, about two times a year] I really like how it looks, freshly oiled against the pretty spring lawn.

DRUM ROLL: #1e's sweater is in the box, ready to be mailed. Here you go, Dear '1e' Hope it meets all your expectations.


This is my Vinca, or Periwinkle vine. Love that green and that blue-violet together.


I'll leave you with this:

"Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all."Psa 34:19
In His hands, ^__^

4 comments:

SchnauzerMom said...

WOW you have been busy. Great photos. I love the flowers, the sweater, the food.

Daisy said...

So much to seee! I have some ivy growing along the side of my back yard gate too. Not as nice as yours though! That sweater is gorgeous! Your second sentence " here we are together again" reminded me of a song we sing in church. :o)
Thanks for the beautiful scripture today.

Unknown said...

Oh! how much green! The yard and the flowers are beautiful. The sourdough gyro looks so yummy! I know I'll try that recipe soon. 1e is so very pleased with how the sweater looks...now to try it on :)

Be Encouraged!

corry said...

Thanks for your visit! Your pictures are beautiful and the sandwich looks yummy! I'm going to try that one sometime soon!